Thursday, April 19, 2007

Emotional IQ Assessment

This is what I learned about me according to my Emotional IQ Assessment...

Subscale IQ score = 113 Subscale percentile = 82

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is average. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is acceptable but could still use some improvement. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. It’s easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

I feel that this assessment has pretty much explained my emotional personality. I do get along well with others and enjoy meeting new people where I am able to meet acquaintances and new friends. I should allow more people in to help when my emotions are down. But I feel that I can get over the speed bump easier myself that I don't ask for help. I feel that I am a good listener and can help people more with their problems. I was not surprised with the results and it was kind of neat to take an assessment that confirmed emotional IQ.

1 comment:

RLee said...

There is nothing wrong with asking for help with a problem you face or if you're just not in the best of moods. Sometimes its good to express yourself in a positive way rather than holding things in and allowing them to become negative later on. Thats good that you are a good listener and can help others with their problems but dont be afraid to ask the same of them. I've learned that when I try to help others too much (even if its just listening) I let their problems become mine, in a sense, and avoid my own issues. Just always remember that its ok to need/want a little bit of help to overcome your own issues.