Monday, April 16, 2007

Week One Phone Call

Last night I had the opportunity to talk to Shannon. We had a very nice conversation and learned about one another's problem. Shannon had a problem about her ex husband calling her too much for other reasons rather than to talk about their child. She does not want to be rude, but she does not feel it is appropriate for them to conversate at the moment since everything is so recent, and they both need time to regroup their thoughts and go on with their life. We discussed many options and decided that when he is done talking about their child and decides to go on about other things, she can politely say that she has things to take care of and needs to go. She would also suggest for him to call one of his friends to chit chat with but she does not have time at the moment. To me her son is her top priority and if her ex needs to talk about him, she is all ears. Other than that she just wants to try and move on with her life in a positve direction. The conversation flowed nicely and we were on the same page through out the intire conversation. It was late for me so I had no conversation barriers to distract me. On her end I did not hear any background noise either. I really enjoyed talking with Shannon and admire her for what she is going through and how she wants to get through it with out hurting anyone's feelings.

1 comment:

jamielynnrodriguez said...

It is always nice when you are able to get through a conversation with no distractions! I had the same luck with mine so it was a great exercise.